*****REAP offers financial assistance to farmers, ranchers, and rural small businesses to purchase and install renewable energy systems and make energy efficiency improvements.
SEE: Support Documents/REAP
USDA has announced funding for 631 projects across the nation that will help agricultural producers and rural small businesses reduce their energy consumption and costs, use renewable energy technologies in their operations and/or conduct feasibility studies for renewable energy projects. Grant and loan funding is made available through the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Rural Energy for America Program. Under the terms of REAP, up to 25 percent of an eligible energy production or conservation project can be funded through a grant, and additional support can be provided in the form of a loan. The current announcement includes almost $300,000 in grants to 19 agricultural producers and rural businesses to conduct feasibility studies for renewable energy systems.
- Graphite Sales, Inc., $23,060,to replace graphite dryer
- Chase Chicken, LLC, $49,850, for installation of a biomass boiler
- Kruegar Farms, LLC, $37,340, to replace grain dryer
- Dovetail Energy, LLC, $500,000 plus loan of $2,125,000, for construction of an anaerobic digester
- Trico Enterprises, LLC, $37,500, to switch operation from diesel to electric
- Jeffery E. Duling, $34,600, for installation of a photovoltaic solar system
- David P. Maag, $42,650, for installation of a photovoltaic solar system
For comments use Contact tab upper right corner. Thank you!